From my reasearch I found that people aged 15-24 made up the largest proportion of film audience. This is why we have decided to aim our film opening at people of this demographic. Also we had decided on the genre drama or thriller as this accounted for the highest releases in 2014. Another reason for coosing drama/ thriller was beacuse my fcous group revealed that thriller was the most poular genre for people aged 16-17.
From deconstructing film opening of the thriller/ drama genre I found the openings created alot of enigma. Each opening created this in different ways. For example in The Perks of Being a Wallflower enigma is created by not having the characters face in the opening. The audince only hears the voice over and the boys relfection in the window. This makes the audince want to know more and continues watching the film.
I am going to use all of this reseacrch to help create our film opening.
No comments:
Post a Comment